Saturday, October 1, 2011

Siesta

End of summer siesta is officially over.  My seasonal sabbatical is complete.  It is Blog-tober the 1st and I'm back at it.  Sometimes you just run out of stuff to write about, or it may be better to say that I ran out of words to express myself.  Please note that men have a limited number of words, not only in their vocabulary, but also at their disposal for dialog.  I see the same situation in my grand babies.  My only grand son (AKA - Dave-the-man) limits his conversation to comments or questions centered around construction equipment.  "Pop pop, is that an excavator?"  Yet anyone of my grand daughters can carry on an extensive conversation about anything.  This now includes GB#6 (not even 18 month) who will sit on my lap, look we straight in the eyes, and babble several indistinguishable sentences.  If I don't respond she will repeat an identical babble-sentence.  She knows what she is saying, and she has plenty to say.

Well, I have stockpiled a mountain of mouthfuls.  Ready for another season of observation and application.  I know that words are important, and that some words should never be on vacation.  I'm thankful that the Word of Life never gets tired and so neither should I grow weary of "holding forth the Word of Life".  Thanks for reading my words.


Chuck (195)

No comments:

Post a Comment