Monday, October 3, 2011

Who?

Today was date day for my dear wife and I.  We headed to NYC via train and hit some spots a little off the tourist beaten path.  Chelsea Market, the Union Square outdoor greenmarket, and the garment district were all on the list of fun things to do today.  Since we arrived in town quit early we decided to head first to Rockefeller Center and see the Today Show being broadcast live.  As you can see in the pic we made it and caught a glimpse of the weather guy, Al Roker.  After he did his typical weather stuff he took a few minutes and interviewed this young fellow, whom I was clueless about.  There were folks all excited to see him, they were waiving, and holding up signs.  "Scotty, write your number on my hand" read one of them.  I soon found out that it was Scotty McCreery.  Who?  He was the latest winner of the American Idol show.  Oh, well.  I missed that one.


I suppose being famous has its ups and downs.  Some are remembered for weeks or months and sometimes years.  Infamous ones are often remembered longer.  But worldly fame and having your name in lights is dull in comparison to the knowledge of having your name written down in glory.  Crowns given out here in this world will soon decay so set you affection on things above.


Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment