Thursday, August 4, 2011

Happy Birthday


Today "... and Counting" turns ONE YEAR OLD!  Blogs grow up so fast.  Thank you for being a part of this ever-developing exercise in cyber expression.  You have encouraged me to accomplish some much needed personal goals.  All of you who follow "... and Counting" regularly have provided me with a great deal of public accountability for which I am extremely grateful. 


This year's journey has ...

* ... Proven to me that I can not come up with 365 days of clever things to say. 

* ... Kept me looking at the events of my life and wondering what type of Spiritual Application could be found there.  What started off as, "That'll Blog!", developed into "That's a Blessing".

* ... Taken a medical trip through my annual check-up, my "every-5-year" colonoscopy, and my poorly diagnosed knee pain & re-hab.

* ... Logged a lot of miles jogging in Jersey, as well as Louisiana, Texas, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware and New York.

* ... Tread on graveyard sod to say "Fair Well For Now" to a dear servant of the Lord.

* ... Seen Grand Babies grow and do a bunch of really cute things worth Blogging about.  I Love Being a POP-POP!  Could you tell?

* ... Given me a opportunity to share many of my "Favorite" things on Fridays.  I've really enjoyed that.

* ... Kept me looking for good photo ops. 

* ... Encouraged me to drop a few pounds.  One year ago I weighted 239.8 pounds.  This morning after running I weighed in at 191.0!!!!  My BP is down to normal and I'm feeling great!  In case you never noticed before, at least once a week I would post my weight, very small, next to my name. 

* ... Helped me to focus more closely on all the Blessing which my Lord has given me: My dear wife, who has been my very best friend since I was 15 years old; my 4 children whom I love so much, and still kiss on the checks (even the hairy ones); and my 6 (... and Counting) beautiful grand children.  God has been so good to me.

Well Happy Birthday to "... and Counting"

One year old ...


Chuck (191.0)

No comments:

Post a Comment