Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Shirt

This is the Logo on the new tee-shirt that I got last night at the 15th annual, Flying Pig 5K race.  Enjoyed the race, love the shirt!  I must admit that I signed up for this race for two specific reasons.  The first was that there was a "Piglet" race for kid and I thought some of my GB's would enjoy that.  Secondly, and admittedly, the primary reason for signing up was for the shirt.  When I first saw the flier for this one I said immediately, "That will be a cool looking shirt!"  I wasn't disappointed, it is a cool looking shirt.

The standard practice in these organized races are to supply a race-day shirt for signing up early.  I'm sure most of the cost is taken care of by the sponsors of the race (blatant advertisements on the back) but the shirts are normally of good quality and enjoyable to wear.  This is my 7th race shirt and I would say it has the most interesting logo.

I am very confident that the rewards that we receive in heaven for running "the race that is set before us" will be far superior to this Flying Pig shirt.  Yet the rewards of glory are not the reason that we run.  The goal is not simply to stack up crowns, like we pile up race shirts.  The reason we fight the good fight of faith is to Glorify God.  It's not about us and our achievements.  It's not about our abilities, our accomplishments, or our records.  It is all about Jesus Christ and Him being lifted up. 

24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.”
1Corinthians 9:24-25

Chuck (196)

No comments:

Post a Comment