Thursday, May 5, 2011

Back

I found it very difficult and un-fulfilling to Blog from my little, hand-held PDA whilst my laptop was on the mends.  Their is just something about a big, blank screen and a keyboard.  I suppose I would have said something similar about a decade ago, something like, "There's nothing better than a blank sheet of notebook paper and a good pen to get the creative juices flowing."  Soon enough we will all be using voice recognition software for everything and then in another decade when we switch over to "thought-recognition" devices we will all be saying "There's nothing better than a blank tablet and a open mic."  No more typing, no more spell-checking. 

Technology is just a tool.  Like AutoCAD when I was a little draftsman, so software and hardware are like tools in the toolbox or the brushes in the artist's portfolio case.  They are used to record and communicate information, thoughts, opinions and imaginations.  I am very thankful for these tools and hope that I can use them more effectively than a child would use a machinist's micrometer. 

“Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee. And he departed, and began to publish ... how great things Jesus had done for him:” (Mark 5:19-20)


Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment