Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Crumb Bum

Calorie Counting is not an obsession of mine, but I have been more careful of my food intake over the past year.  I was a "See Food" eater; if I saw food I'd eat it.  When I hit 50 and was 50 pounds overweight I figured I needed to come up with a different plan.  I've been using an application called "Loss It!" for a while now and it does make a daily caloric recommendation as well as maintain the total intake based on what I've eaten.  I try to list my meals each day, as well as my exercises, so thirty pounds later, I think it's helped a little.

One day last week I needed to run over to the local hardware store for a conduit fitting and I took GB#2 with me.  On the way home we stopped at Dunkin Donuts!  I'm a pushover with those grand babies.  The half-dozen donuts included 1 pink frosted with sprinkles (for GB#2), 1 chocolate frosted with sprinkles (for GB#5), 2 plain glazed (for someone special), 1 blueberry cake (for my DW) & 1 Apple Crumb (for me).  Apples are a fruit, fruit is health, hence ... one healthy donut!  After I thoroughly enjoyed eating that donut I fired up my "Lose It!" App, selected "Log", "Snacks", "Search Foods", "Dunkin", quickly perused through the 241 items found, and gasped! 460 Calories!  That's more than some of my meals.  I could have eaten both of those glazed ones for the same amount.  Poor Choice in donuts, I should have looked first.

Far to often people take a big bite out of sin and never think about the cost or consequence.  They never consider what must be sacrificed for something that is consumed so quickly, what they will lose forever to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season.  Look before you bite, I hope that you'll see that it isn't worth the cost.


Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment