Monday, May 23, 2011

The Finish

The Eastampton Township 5K Run was this past Saturday morning, and I was there.  Joining me for her first official 5K race was GB1.  We were both extremely excited, getting up before the sun, eating a good breakfast, getting there early to get out racer's bibs.  You'd think we were running a marathon. This particular week end we were also watching GB3 & 6 so we had are hands a little fuller than normal and so Joyce was wondering if she'd be able to make it out to see the race.  Fortunately; or un-fortunately, depends on how you see it, the kids also woke up early and it was looking good for race day.  As I was leaving to pick up GB1 my dear wife said that she was not sure if they could make it to the start but would defiantly get to the race it see the finish, commenting that seeing the finish is more important and exciting anyway.  Isn't that so true with many things in life as well as in death. 

“7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.”
2 Timothy 4:7-8

See you at the finish line.  We can cheer for each other!


Chuck

P.S. - My DW as well as GB3 & 1;  my #1 Son, DIL, GB2 & 5 were all there from Start to Finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment