Monday, May 16, 2011

Let's Run


Today was the "Race for Education" at the Heritage Christian Academy.  This is an annual fund raising event in which all the students participate by getting per-lap sponsors and running a quarter-mile track for an hour.  Lots of fun.  Since I get to hang out at the school quit often during the school year (grand babies, chapel services & subbing) I was 'encouraged' to join the younger group of runners this morning.  After soliciting a few sponsors of mine own, and praying for dry weather (Amen!) we were all off and running.

Many walked the entire hour, including most of the teachers.  Several started off with a fast sprint and barely made the first lap before they got winded.  Many whined and complained the whole hour!  "It's Hot!", "I'm parched!", "Is it done yet?".  You gotta love them kids.  But there were a bunch that ran, and ran, and ran.  I figured that the best thing that I could do was get as many laps in as possible, because laps = $, and then while I was running just keep encouraging those youngins to keep moving forward, because their laps also meant more money for the school.  I'd come along side and say a few words as I passed.  They would fill me in on how many punches they had in their name tags (Punches = Laps) and ask "How many do you have?"  Often as I jogged by they would pick up pace and run with me a while, we had a blast!

You know that the Holy Spirit is the one whom God the Father has sent to come along beside us.  He is our encouragement, our comforter, our provoker when we need it.  The clock is ticking, let's stop whining and get in another lap before the trumpet sounds!


Chuck (202)

No comments:

Post a Comment