Monday, July 11, 2011

Big Dog

This morning whilst running through Birmingham (NJ not AL) I had quite the surprise when this VERY big dog comes running across a lawn, barking and heading straight for me.  No, there wasn't a fence, and no, the owner was no where is sight.  I thought I was a going to be breakfast.  The big guy was only 20 feet from me when he came to a complete stop.  The barking continues and he followed me along the property line until I was around the corner.  I'm sure he was proud of warding off a stranger, and I was relieved that I still had my arms and legs.

I could see a small black box on the dog's collar, so it appears that there was an invisible fence around the perimeter of the property.  Fortunately for me that dog knew and respected his limits.  When we understand and respect the limits that God sets, everyone wins and no one gets hurt.  We don't run off and get lost or cause a mess in someone's life.  Everybody benefits when lines are defined and limits are enforced.  


Chuck (196)

No comments:

Post a Comment