Tuesday, July 5, 2011

SPAM

I hope you don't consider my Blog to be that, but I do hope that you will pause a few minutes to recognize that on this date, back in 1937, the Hormel Food Corporation introduced SPAM into the food markets of America.  Happy Birthday to you! All kidding aside, I like SPAM.  We often ate it when I was a kid.  Mom would slice it for sandwiches or we would fry slices up for breakfast along side of eggs.  It is also great for dicing & mixing into an omelet.  Yes I know the jokes: Some People Are Missing; Yes I've heard the Monty Python Skit; Yes I've read the ingredients.  But I still like SPAM.

Hormel has been able to market this product all over the world and it has caught on in many different countries yet one of the down sides for SPAM here in the US has always been it's price.  It is manufactured cheep and sells for cheep.  You may ask, 'Why is that a down side?'  Many folks in this country believe that it's poor people food. 

There are many people that have the wrong opinion about true, biblical religion.  There are no thrills, there is no extra cost.  It's simple and easy to practice, so basic that even children can take part in it.  Many have said that religion is just a pacifier for the poor.  Too many people would rather make fun of it instead of partaking in it.  The cost of this faith is low because the price has already been paid by our Saviour, Jesus Christ.  The way is simple because that is God's way of making available to whosoever will come.  Simple faith.  Nothing extra needed.

Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment