Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Super Tool

The grass needed to be cut today, no matter what the temperature predictions were.  I started early to beat the heat, but 15 minutes into the weed harvest I broke my mower.  The pull start sting snapped right at the starter clutch and so I had to rip the top off my mower.  It's a relatively easy fix ... if you have the right tools!  I couldn't find my 1/4" drive ratchet anywhere (Sorry if this term is too technical for you.  Simply replace it with 'Thing a ma jig'.)  Since it was only going to get hotter if I waited, and since the lawn was half cut, I really needed to get 'er done.  So I reach for my "Super Leatherman" and figure out what to do to get my mower apart.


This has got to be my favorite tool in the toolbox.  I can do just about anything with it, and have:

 * Gutted a deer and many squirrels
 * Re-wired several rooms in my house 
 * Trimmed drywall and molding
 * Cut down a Christmas Tree
 * Cut & bent Ductwork
 * Installed several doors
 * Auto, bike & weed-eater Repair

I think you get the point.

The Bible is the greatest tool that you can have in your toolbox.  It is so versatile that it can be used to fix your Marriage, your Finances, your Family, and your Eternal Future.  You can carry it everywhere and it requires little if any instructions to begin to use it and see immediate results.  It's light but indestructible.  It's design in simple, practical and will fit countless applications.  If you were ever stranded in a hostel world, I would recommend that if you could only have one tool, bring your Bible along.

Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment