Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday Favorites:


Some of my favorite Bible Verses:

1. Ephesians 2:8-9 was preached the night I saw my need for salvation and put my trust in Jesus Christ and asked God to save my lost soul.

“8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.” 

2. 1 Corinthians 10:13 was the first verse that I ever memorized.

“There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.” 

3. Romans 12:1-2 was preached the night that God called me into the ministry.  I remember that night as clear as if it happened yesterday.

“1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”

4. Ephesians 4:11-12 was a passage of scripture that God showed me when I started pastoring.  I had asked Him to help me focus on what I needed to do in the ministry.

“11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:"

Do you have a favorite?


Chuck

2 comments:

  1. Psalm 94:18 When I said my foot slippeth...........

    I think the first verse I memorized was Isaiah 58:11.
    I read it off of a little daily bread/grace gem? card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite of your favorites is #1. But my favorite of all time is Jeremiah 20:9. God has used that whole passage to encoirage me over and over. It's gift that keeps giving.

    ReplyDelete