Monday, February 7, 2011

Back on Track

44 degrees and sunny was the forecast for this past Sunday afternoon.  I had been telling folks for several weeks that I was going to start running again in the beginning of February, and so it was put-up or shut-up time.  I must admit, I was very anxious about this, about the "what if".  What if I start running and the pain in my knee starts all over again.  After three months of babying it; after three months of "re-hab"; after three months of weights & exercises & stationary bikes & stretching & everything else I could do; what if I ran that first mile and the pain was still there?

"What if", is a killer of dreams and progress in every area and aspect of our lives. "What If" stops us from ever trying.  What if it will hurt?  What if they don't want a gospel tract, or like taking about Spiritual Things?  What if I'm not really cut out for college level work?  What if they don't hire me?  What if they say NO?

The great hockey player, Wayne Gretzky (AKA - The Great One), once said, "You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take".

So get off the coach, forget about the "What If's" and let's find out what will happen.


Chuck

P.S. - It didn't hurt a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment