Thursday, February 10, 2011

Perplexed

I was in the Wal Mart the other day.  I was needing to pick-up some vitamin "D" since my recent deficiency was discovered.  Whilst cruising through the pharmaceutical / personal-hygiene section of the store this product caught my attention and I had to take a picture.  I thought the object of putting some type of hair product on your scalp was to rid yourself of "Bed Head" or Hat-Head (Which is what I get from wearing my Phillies ball cap all the time).  So what's the goal?  Is it to jell your hair into looking like you just rolled out of bed.  Wow, who would have thought that disheveled would be so debonair. 

Why be such a fake? If someone wants to look like they just rolled out of the sack, then why not just leave the hair untouched when you wake up in the morning?  Uncombed, un-primped, un-washed and un-what-evered!  Why synthesize the un-kept look when it can come naturally?

There are many folks that have to spray on the "Spiritual-Head" look.  You would think that it would come naturally if someone was truly born-again.  You know, saved and acts that way.  But No.  Many claim to be Christians but have to get any resemblance to true Christianity out of a spray-can.  Off-the-shelf Spirituality.

Amazing what we do to ourselves so as to appear as something we are not.

 Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment