Thursday, January 6, 2011

Fingerprints

Last weekend, while at my parents house in Delaware, my mom showed me this poinsettia.  It's about 5 years old, and was almost thrown in the garbage a few years back.  But it is still alive.  She said to me, "Charles (my mom calls me Charles), you should blog about this."  She's right, there are many moral inferences derivable from this ill-fated, seasonal centerpiece.  I trust that all of you can immediately begin to develop the story lines: the rescue from impending doom, or of seeming hopelessness which bursts into a blossom of life.  Run with it; there is a great deal found in this 9" pot. 

Several days later, while sitting around the dinning room table with a few of my daughter-in-laws discussing blogging (two of my DILs blog) one made a statement to this effect, "You could see a rock on the ground and find some application!"  That conversation came back to me this morning while I was reading Psalm 104 which reminds us of God's hands-on involvement in creation.  Since God was involved in everything in this world you and I should be able to find His fingerprints everywhere we look.  Each detail, small and great should bear the mark of the creator.  Every animal or plant or element should be a testimony of the One who's breath spoke ALL into existence. 

"O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches."
Psalm 104:24


Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment