Thursday, January 13, 2011

House Fire!

No, not mine, thankfully, but two streets over.  Apparently it was called in around 2:30 am and wasn't brought under control until after 4:00.  The duplex was a complete loss.  I was sitting in my office at 6 this morning (you've all seen my view in previous posts) and I noticed some lights between the buildings.  After I finished my devotions (Psalm 110, "Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power ...") I noticed the lights were still there so I decided to go investigate.  This is what I saw.




... and this is what I did:





Went and got Grand Babies (#1, 2 & 5) so they could see all the excitement.











... and this is what is left.
 
They wasted little time in taking the shell of a house down.  GB#5 and I watched a while and I noticed something very interesting.  As they were removing the inside of the house it all looked the same. I couldn't distinguish furnishings from floorboards, pictures from plaster.  The smoke and fire touched everything and showed no mercy in marring whatever it reached. 

When sin enters into a life it will indiscriminately destroy everything it possibly can.  Sin has no respect for what is dear to you.  Precious and irreplaceable items are often taken by the flames, so be vigilant and extinguish the slightest smolder of sin before your life goes up in smoke.



Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment