Saturday, January 1, 2011

Tabula Rasa

Although I'm not a fan of John Locke's epistemological theory of Tabula Rasa, I am firm believer in the "Blank Slate" in action.  Today I start with a new Bible Reading Note Book, not a single word has been written and it is waiting for me to fill its pages with observations and applications from my New Bible Reading Schedule.  I have a brand new Phone Conversation Note Book, yes I keep one at my desk, so that I have a record of calls in & out and jot down information while in a conversation with people throughout this year.  Oh, yes I started the year off with a fresh BIC ReAction Gel Pen.  There is a New "Chick-fil-a" Calendar to hang on the wall which provides me a Tabula Rasa every month. 

My Slate is also Blank with my Lord.  I have not quenched or grieved His Spirit so far this year.  I have sought His face in the Word & in Prayer everyday so far this year.  "I have walked in mine integrity" without exception so far this year.  "I have Kept the Faith" so far, and so have you. Let's offer this year's Blank Slate as a sacrifice of praise unto the LORD, filling each new day with love and service to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. 


Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment