Saturday, January 22, 2011

Quotes

Often on Fridays I will post a favorite quote.  I wanted to show you some of my quote collection, that's right, a collection.  Like some folks collect stamps, or seashells, I collect quotes.  This has been going on for twenty-some years.  I believe it started back in the early 90's whilst working in Missouri.  We had a certain computer system that we logged into each morning, and after logging in a quote popped up will the system booted.  I started writing down the good ones ("If time heals all wounds, why don't belly buttons fill in?") and started a "Quote" file.  Once the file was started then I began to collect quotes from all kinds of places, books I was reading, Chinese Fortune Cookies, Billboards, TV & Radio shows.  The supply was endless. 

Some I collected because they were just funny, many because they made me think.  I think it's good to think.  Don't you think? 

A little taste from the Quote File:

"Diplomacy: The art of saying 'Nice Doggie' until you can find a rock."

"As long as your eyes leak you head will not swell."

"If we knew what we were doing it wouldn't be called research!"

"Experience: What you receive just after you needed it."

"It is always the novice that exaggerates." - C.S. Lewis

 "It is a good thing for an educated man to read books of quotations." - Winston Churchill

Litera Scripta Manet - The Written Word Endues


Chuck

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE quotes. I turn things I hear preachers preach into quotes. I buy quote books. I put them into notes in my phone. I take pictures of quotes so I won't forget them. I even have some quotes from famous rabbits..... There is a quote book I'm fixing to look up....and just might buy it. The Yale Book of Quotes by Shapiro. I also got Familiar Quotations by John Bartlett for a dime at a thrift store......

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I knew I shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque!" Bugs Bunny

    ReplyDelete