Monday, January 24, 2011

Paint

Monday is normally the chore-day, and so we began bright & early.  Out the door by 7:10 my dear wife and I started with Sam's Club & Wal-Mart, then breakfast at Chick-Fil-A.  Next was Aldi & Shop Rite then the Bank, the Dry Cleaners and a stop in to say hello to Bro. Don S.  We were home by 1:00 at which time I consumed a Liverwurst Sandwich, and then Grand Baby #3 & I were out the door again for another round of running errands.  First stop was Bank #2 followed by Home Depot (We needed new Trash cans for the church.  The last ones were run over & flattened!) and then over to the church to down-load lots of stuff.

While in route, GB#3 reminded me that I was her "favorite", favorite what, I don't know, but it's nice to be called a favorite.  At the Depot she requested politely to sit on the tractors, which of course, being her favorite, I complied.  Then she ask, "Pop Pop, can we look at the paint?"  Sure, I told her as we headed down the back concourse towards the paint department, but I wasn't really sure what she wanted to look at.  Piles of gallon cans?  Paint Stirs?  No she wanted to see the wall filled with colors, you know, the color sample squares. 


Simplicity, wonderment and gratitude fill the life of a child.  When's the last time you told your Heavenly Father that He was your favorite?  How long has it been since you took His hand and experienced the wonders of this world together?

"I Love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice ..."  He's my Favorite!


Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment