Monday, April 25, 2011

3 Days

I'm back at the gym this week on a Free, Three-Day pass.  I like Free.  The elliptical runner, the stationary bike and the tread mill will get some miles on them.  Then down stairs to the weights and all those torture machines.  Today I worked on my upper body, it really needs it.  My biceps, triceps and pectorals are all reminding my tonight that they don't do that too often.  Tomorrow will be Ab day.  This is going to hurt.

I realize that I'm not going to accomplish a lot in just 3 day, no one can ... except for Jesus.  He proclaimed "It is Finished" on the cross and then He gave up the ghost.  He would spend three days and three nights in the heart of the earth just like He said (Matthew 12:40).  Jesus had promised the one thief on the cross next to His that "to day shalt thou be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:43).  So there He went.  While His body rested in a tomb, Jesus was taking all those souls who had been waiting in Paradise (AKA - Abraham's Bosom) and leading them to heaven.  The Bible also says that Jesus entered into heaven to appear in the presence of God the Father (Hebrews 9:24-25), even as the High Priest would come into the Holy of Holies to sprinkle the blood of the sacrifice to make an atonement for the people.  Jesus' blood was sufficient to pay for every sin of all of mankind; 'Once and for All!'  Then back to that cold, dark tomb, to fill His lifeless body with resurrection power, and to walk right out of death's camber.  "He is not hear, He is risen!"

I wont physically accomplish much in 3-Days, buy my Saviour sure did.  Trust in Jesus, He has the power to forgive sin.  Your's included.


Chuck (207)

No comments:

Post a Comment