Thursday, April 28, 2011

Lost


There are times that I am so amazed with how kind my God is to me and my family.  His blessings are beautiful, undeserved and precious.  My dear wife and I left the gym the other night after our water aerobics workout and stopped by the Target (We pronounce it with the French accent, Tar-Ge' like in Fabergé egg) and then headed to the local Wegman's for a nice healthy meal from the salad bar.  As we pulled into the parking lot Joyce noticed that one of her earrings was missing.

These earrings are not just any-old earrings, they had belong to her mom.  When she had gone into the hospital for the last time (over 20 years ago now) they came out of her ears and went into Joyce's and have been there ever since.  Shock followed by a phone call to the gym, with the phrase 'Needle-in-a-haystack' being repeated more then once.  Prayer, salad and then a trip back to the gym followed in succession so that Joyce could at least look through the locker room.

You like happy endings?  Me too!  While I sat in the car and prayed some more, Joyce went through the ladies locker room, then into the shower area.  Remember nearly two hours had passed since we left, and there, on the floor of the shower stall, was the earring and the backing.  Amen!

Thank you Lord. 


Chuck

1 comment: