Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Fish Out of Water

You all caught the fact that I'm doing the gym-thing for a few days.  Today I added a new twist, Water-Aerobics.  Yes, you heard me right.  One full hour of aquatic torture with musical accompaniment and several senior citizens.  I must admit it was a good workout especially for me, you see I always wear "extra" clothes in the pool.  I am one of those who takes the Bible for what it says.  So when the Bible says that the uncovering of the thigh is nakedness then I wear a pair of cut-offs, or "shorts", that go down past the knee.  And when the Bible says that the uncovering of the loins is nakedness I wear a tee-shirt in the pool to cover my loins (mid-drift).  This is the basis of my "Farmer's Tan" and the source of extra weigh in the pool for my aerobic-agony.  Oh, yes, let's not forget that the Bible says that the uncovering of the "buttocks" is also nakedness.  Got it covered.

It all went fairly well.  We walked a lot, did a bunch of repetitions with legs & arms going up & down.  We used water weights to add resistance to the arms and finally floated with a water-noodle for one last round of misery .  That's what did me in, the noodle!  With my legs straight out the instructor says "Do the Frog".  With my heels together, I pulled my feet in and ouch, my one calf said "That's It, No more!"  I traded my noodle for a Charlie-horse and limped to the back of the pool.  No one known, until that instructor asks, "Are you OK?"  Thanks!

The Truth does set us free but it can also weigh us down with extra clothing in the pool.  But I would rather be right than be more "comfortable" or more "stylish".  I know that it's a lot easier for guys to deal with these issues then it is for gals, but it's the same issue, the same Bible, the same Truth and the same need to follow our convictions rather than the conventions of society.  How's your "Farmer's Tan" doing?


Chuck

2 comments:

  1. Just got my farmer's tan Tuesday afternoon playing volleyball... well, it's actually sun BURN right now, but it'll eventually go to tan:).

    ReplyDelete