Monday, April 11, 2011

5K & 6 Pages

These past few days have been a little busy.  Besides the weekly activities at NTBC which includes sermon preparation I tacked on 5K race on Saturday and then there is the Homework.  The little mini-semester which I attended at the end of last month had a few assignments which needed to be completed this week.  So today was the day to "Get-er-Done". 

I have noted a similarity between running races, pursuing an educational goal and living the Christian life, it is all about pacing yourself and finishing well.  This past Saturday there were 437 runners at the starting line and many, especially the real young kids, sprinted from the line at full speed ahead.  That is fine pace for a 100 yard dash, but many of those youngins where dragging themselves across the finish line.  It is always best to start well, pace yourself and then finish well. 


“But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.” (1Cor 9:27)



Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment