Friday, November 26, 2010

Friday Favorites:

For this week's Friday Favorite I present my favorite coffee mug.  I use this one most of the time I'm at the house.  The character is Opus of the Bloom County comic strip from many years ago.  I was a fan of that comic strip because of it witty political and social satire.   I even had a "Bill the Cat" tee shirt (Ack!).  Opus was taken in by Michael Binkley, as a stray dog, after losing track of his mother during the Falkland War.  It's a long story, but Opus eventually becomes Bill the Cat's running mate in the Presidential election. One of the reoccurring themes from Bloom County was Opus' trips to the meadow for a "Dandelion Break".  We all need that every now and then.  When the noise of this sin sick world begins to overwhelm us we need to, like Jesus once instructed His disciples, "Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while".  We all need a "Dandelion Break" every now and then.

Chuck

1 comment:

  1. I like the thought of a Dandelion Break! If I don't have a meadow....I'll just have to be glad for a break on a sidewalk.

    ReplyDelete