Monday, November 22, 2010

Slipping

I was told that there were three things that start to slip when you get older.  You can't see as well as you used too, and you can't hear as well as you used too.  Well that is just wonderful to have something exciting to look forward to as the years go by.  I tell everyone not to let the gray hair fool them, it's from "Pre-mature  Wisdom" and has nothing to do with aging.  Now what were we talking about?  Oh, right, three things that slip.  Now what was that third thing on the list? 

I forgot to blog, again.  It happened once in October then again yesterday.  What I've noticed is that they both happened on a Sunday.  What could possibly distract my attention that I would skip my daily visit to blog-o-rama?  I am occasionally reminded that preachers only work 2 days a weeks, and so maybe it's sheer exhaustion.  Standing and talking for a total of three hours in one day is a lot to ask of any human being.  Maybe I'm just detracted, my mind filled with the thoughts and needs of the congregation.  Or maybe I just forgot!  Like I forgot to take the garbage out to the curb for two consecutive weeks.  Or when I forgot to get over to the bank to pick-up the Church's night deposit bag, or to the laundromat to get my dry-cleaning.  Wow, I've been forgetting a lot of stuff.  I should take some of the herb that helps with memory, if I can only remember what it's call. 

So what do you do when you don't do something that you really wanted to do?  Do you just throw in the towel and convince yourself that it really wasn't that big of a deal to begin with?  You know, lie to yourself about your convictions and intentions.  Or .... do you throw aside the excuses and just keep moving forward.  There is still plenty of trash to take to the curb.

Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment