Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Leash

One of the tasks of a dutiful dog owner is the walk.  We don't want to just cut the little guy loose in the back yard for two basic reasons.  One, it is not completely fenced in and secondly we would like to have some control over his deposit locations.  Come the warmer months the last thing I want is for the grand babies to be finding tootsie-rolls all over the yard.  So free range terrier is not  an option.  Plus walking is good for my heath and provides some owner - pet bonding. 

When it was time for Coach's afternoon stroll GB#3 happened to be at 52 and so I invited her to join us.  She was excited when I asked her if she wanted to walk the dog and was eager to grab the leash and head down the sidewalk.  That terrier pulled like most dogs do when the want to follow a scent and GB#3 held on for the ride.  The little dog was at one end of the leash, the little girl was in the middle and I held onto the end.  But she was thrilled that she was walking the dog.

I'm thrilled also, that no matter where life pulls me, that my Lord is always hanging on to the end of the leash.  I know that "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me".
 
“For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.” (Isaiah 41:13)

Chuck (218)

No comments:

Post a Comment