Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday Favorites:

This past week has been spent at the Lehigh Valley Baptist Bible Institute in Emmaus, PA.  My responsibility was to instruct a group of students concerning the Book of Hebrew.  I love teaching, it is my Favorite!  Whether here at LVBBI, or the 5th & 6th graders at a local Christian School, or the near by Community College, or a room-full of kids during Vacation Bible School, or back in my home church during any of the services, teaching is one of my favorite things to do.  There is great pleasure, no matter what the venue, the material or the audience, because the joy of teaching is in the receiving, when someone "Gets It"!  No matter if it's the finer points of the Seminal Headship Doctrine in reference to the Imputation of Sin, or how to find the Lowest Common Denominator, Getting It is Getting It

The greatest joy, though, comes when someone "Gets" the gospel.  When the eyes and mind have finally opened up to the truth of God's Word and they understand exactly what God had done for them through Jesus Christ.  To see someone's life transformed, to see the weight of the burden of sin lifted, to see peace flood in where there once was only turmoil and confusion, this is where the greatest pleasure of teaching is found.

Teaching changes lives and I am so humbled & thankful for the opportunity to take part in this process in any capacity that the Lord provides.


Chuck

P.S.  My thanks to Chris, Nat & Andy at LVBC for curing my laptop of that virus.  You guys are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment