Monday, December 13, 2010

Ouch!

I've got a "Oblique Tear" in my "Discoid Medial Meniscus".  Also some "Moderate Joint Effusion" as well as a "Marrow Edema" because of a little "Bone Contusion".  Well, at least I know why my right knee hurts!  It'll be after the New Year before I need to decide what to do about it, but until then I suppose I have some options.  I could bemoan my mishap, park my Meniscus on the couch and  regain those 20+ pounds that I've shed since the summer.  Or I could suck-it-up, ignore the Dr's advice and start running again until I mess my knee up to the point where I can't even walk.  Or I could find some low-impact, cardiovascular activity that will give my knee some rest, keep my BP where it needs to be, and help maintain some weight lose.

When we have problems, far to often, we do dumb things.  Sometime we react with anger or pride.  Sometimes in ignorance or malice.  None of these will bring about the desperately needed healing nor will they put us back on our feet so that we can continue to make progress in our lives.  Information, patience, determination and a well exercised heart is the prescription for a full recovery. 


Chuck (220, but not for long)

No comments:

Post a Comment