Thursday, December 30, 2010

T.O.T

A few years ago, while I was visiting the dentist, I asked his thoughts concerning the difference between the Electric Toothbrushes and the standard, manual type.  I was wondering if they were more effective in cleaning or had any other advantages.  His answer was simple; "It's all about T.O.T.!"  He explained that what is important is the amount of "Time On Tooth" no matter what style of brush was used.

I was reminded of that dental visit the other day when I was talking to someone about different methods of Bible reading and study.  It is all about Time in the Book.  In addition to the Book in book form there are e-Bibles, i-Bibles, audio-Bibles and my favorite, "onlinebible".  As this New Year begins set out to spend more Time in the Book. Chose a method, set apart and devote a specific time, determine a goal and get into the Book.  Devotional booklets are helpful, but they're not the Book.  Christian fiction is enjoyable for some, but they're not the Book.  Listening to Sermons online can be very beneficial, but they're not the Book.  More Time in the Book is the goal for this year.

Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment