Thursday, December 23, 2010

"S" is for Second

There are Second Helpings which I seldom decline.  The Second Amendment of the Constitution giving me the right to bear arms, and we're not talking about short-sleeve shirts either.  Second Degree Burns & Second Hand Smoke are not pleasant.  A Second Mortgage may get some work done around the house but a Second Interview may simply get some work.  Always playing Second Fiddle to some Second Rate can get old but that will all change after a Second Wind.

All of you, and I say that collectively in Second Person Plural, may be wondering what this Second Soliloquy of alphabetic excess is pertaining too.  Today I went for a Second Opinion on my right knee.  To cut right to the chase ... no cutting will be needed.  This doctor, who's name is virtually unpronounceable for this mono-linguist, said that my meniscus is not torn and all I really need is some PT and maybe an injection every now and then to help with the arthritis (the A-Word) that is developing. Amen to that!

Some Seconds are bad; some Seconds are good.  Like stealing Second Base and getting a runner in scoring position.  And some Seconds are even Better, like the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.  This week we remember His First Coming as the Babe of Bethlehem, but soon we will experience His Second.  I hope you're prepared for that, because, when it occurs, there is No Second Chance.

“And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.  ... And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”
(Revelation 19:11 & 16)


Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment