Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happy Hanukkah!

Happy Hanukkah Everyone.  No, I'm not Jewish, but I do love Bagels & Lox, Gefilte Fish and Matzah Ball Soup.  Although I must admit, with my non-discriminating palate, I will eat just about anything.  But food is not the basis of faith, which is good because I had a Falafel last month in Philly.  Since the basis of faith is truth lets tell the truth about Hanukkah.  The one day of oil burning for eight days may be spurious but the reality of God delivering His chosen people is not.  Whether it be through Queen Esther from the hands of wicked Haman or by Judas Maccabeus from the brutality of Antiochus Epiphanes, God has always provided a deliverer.  Hanukkah & Christmas season provides an excellent opportunity to speak of the greatest deliverer ever known to mankind.  Jesus, the reason for the season, the Way, the Truth and the Life. 


Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment