Friday, December 24, 2010

Friday Favorites:

Orange Marmalade is my favorite spread for toast.  After some early morning shopping, complements of a Gift Card and a 30% off coupon, Joyce and I stopped at a local restaurant for a late morning breakfast.  Saving the last half a piece of toast for the end of the meal, my wife dug through the jelly carousel for a packet of their Marmalade for me.  She loves me and knows how to show it.  Technically speaking, what makes marmalade marmalade is the peels.  Orange "Zest" and some sugar boiled in with the juice and what ever else is needed to thicken it up makes a wonderful topping for that last piece of toast. 

We always keep a jar in the frig also, and I remind my dear wife when it starts getting a little low so that it ends up on the shopping list.  There are certain item that we shouldn't never run out of: Coffee, Orange Marmalade & Toilet Paper.  I wonder if any of these will be in my stocking tomorrow morning.

Merry Christmas-Eve Everyone!



Chuck

2 comments:

  1. Wait, so you steal those little packets on a regular basis? :op

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO! Just in the interest of Photo Journalism.

    ReplyDelete