Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Debt

I was in NYC today, my favorite BIG city, meeting up with one of the missionaries that our Church supports.  Bro. Paul Morrison is getting a ministry started in Fishkill, NY and we got together today at Time Square for lunch.  After eating a Rubin on Rye with ginormous onion rings, we headed around the block for some coffee.  About a block off of Broadway, somewhere around 44th St. we ran across this 'National Debt Clock'.  Wow, that's a BIG number, 14.8 trillion bucks, and still counting.  The other number is the amount that each household in the US would have to contribute to pay off that debt.  Should I write a check?

This reminded me of the debt that I owed.  No, not of dollars & cents but of sin & death.  I was in debt so deep to God that an eternity in hell would not even begin to pay the interest.  BUT ... 'by his own blood he (Jesus) entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us'.  Paid in full!  The Blood of Jesus was enough to pay for ALL of my sins, and yours too.  If you are trying to settle your debt with God any other way, you will eventually be eternally bankrupt and cast into hell.  There is no possible way for you to square things up with God, so He has taken care of your sin debt through His Son, Jesus Christ.  'For the wages of sin is death, but the GIFT of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.'  I hope that you have received this precious gift.

Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment