Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Picture is worth ...

This morning's 5K run took me past several dog walkers, lawn water-ers, and one surprising spectator, a box turtle.  I was rounding a curve on a back road in the 55+ community (No Old Person Jokes, Please!) and there he was, lifted up on his front leg with his neck fully extended.  He watched me as I approached and passed him around the curve.  I don't think he was planning to challenge me to a race.

My inclination was to stop and get a picture, I had an immediate thought of a Tortoise & Hare blog entry and figured a picture was worth a thousand words.  But I didn't.  I was on the clock and running for a 5K, 3.1 mile, PR (Personal Record) this morning.  Stopping just to take a PIC of a box turtle didn't fit into the plan.  I am easily distracted by more then just reptiles.  In the Christian Race there are lots of critters on the side of the road vying for our attention.  Yet when God sets a particular course in front of us He expects us to run it well without stopping at every novelty along the way. 

I'm on the clock right now.  The race in front of me is to preach a message tonight for our mid-week prayer meeting & Bible study.  So enough of this, I need to get back on track.  Let us run with patience.

Chuck

1 comment:

  1. I've seen a turtle down there, too! I'll bet it was in the same place!

    ReplyDelete