Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

Since I was chided for upstaging Mother's Day in my blog with a fictitious frog I figured I'd at least give Daddy's Day a passing mention. We all know that Mother's Day gets a lot more press than it's paternal partner, and rightfully so, for being a mom is a thankless job, whereas being a dad is continually rewarding.

Baby's first word - "Da-Da-Da".  Baby's first steps - Mom holds hands and they walk to dad.  Child's first artwork - Given to Dad for his office.  Child's first sports &/or academic achievement - "Your father must be so proud of you!".  Teen's first car - "Dad can you help me with ...".  The list goes on .....

I know these things are true, I have lived them personally, and will attest to their accuracy.  I will also attest to the fact that moms & mom-moms are also rewarded constantly by the sight of their offspring growing and developing a deep relationship with their father.  There are too many dads that become dreadfully disconnected and disinterested in their children.  When a mother has managed to successfully keep the family closely knit together she has accomplished a tremendous feat.  Father's Day now becomes an additional opportunity for moms to bask in the radiance of a family filled with affection and concern for each other.  This is the fruit of a mother's love.


Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment