Saturday, June 18, 2011

Hills

**I've been out of town a few days, sorry for the down time **

When the horn sounded at 9:35 this morning we were off and running in another 5K race.  Today we were in Wilmington, DE along the Brandywine river.  The race started about two blocks from the water which meant a little change in elevation on the "There & Back" race course.  We started with an up-hill clime, followed by a steady decent to the river, a level run along the water, over a bridge and then turn around and head back.  This had to have been the toughest course so far this year. 


I couldn't help but see the comparison in this race to the Christian life.  It starts up-hill with a struggle of conviction, and then when we repent of our sins and accept Christ we are flooded with Joy and run the race with great anticipation of the finish-line.  When we are really on a good pace we start heading back and there are the hills.  I passed several who had stopped running and were now walking the final mile.  My strategy was to not look at that mile-long, up-hill battle, I kept my eyes on the ground directly in front of me and ran the race one step at a time.  Around the curve was the final hill but I knew that when I got to the top the last 1/4 mile was all down hill to the finish-line.  Amen. Run the race, push through the struggles, remember that when you round that last turn it's all down hill to the glorious finish.

Chuck (201)

No comments:

Post a Comment