Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thai

My dear wife and I have been on a Thai food kick for a few years now.  I can't remember exactly when it started but I'm sure it was related to some missionaries somehow.  When ever we are in a new area, traveling through a State, off visiting someone, we google "Thai Restaurant" just to see whats around.  This past weekend we were heading over to Philly, for a date, to a restaurant that I found online call Lemon Grass (very Thai name!).  Joyce was checking the website out whilst I was driving and noticed that they closed after lunch and wouldn't be open till 5.  It was 3:30!  Another google attempt found another spot just 10 minutes up the road, so off we go.  First observation: No one else in the place, bad sign, but it was early.  Second observation: The waiter was NOT oriental, he was Albanian.  He told us that his wife was Thai and that his daddy-in-law was the cook.  OK, we'll see.
 


That was the best Thai food that I ever ate!  Wow, I felt like licking the plate after I finished eating.  We had the mango & sticky rice for dessert and it was spectacular also!  Note to self ... Judge the restaurant by the food not the facade.  Works with people also, the appearance may not be in accordance with expectations but the substance may be spectacular.

Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment