Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Floored!

I was floored when I entered my motel room this morning after my run.  Bro. Heinz and I had just finished a 4 1/2 mile run and had returned to the motel.  We rode the elevator up, exited and walked down the hallway to our rooms.  My door was ajar, and upon entering I saw that the beds were stripped and so I concluded that house keeping must have been working on the room.  I moved the blankets off the chair, but my suitcase wasn't underneath, so I moved another blanket off the desk and my computer was gone.  I looked around and saw that everything was missing.  EVERYTHING!  I hurried out the door and went to Bro Heinz's room to report this disaster when I noticed the "4" prefix on the room number.  We were staying of the 5th floor.  Dah.

Many calamities in our lives are the result of a premature exit, and the jumping to a inaccurate conclusion.  We see things wrong, we take things wrong, we judge others wrong and fill ourselves with anxieties and distresses.  Read what the door says!  This is not my worry, this situation is not intended for me.  Take a deep breath, get on the elevator, and go up just a little bit higher.

Chuck

1 comment:

  1. gulp. I hate those temporary feelings of terror and despair.

    ReplyDelete