Saturday, March 19, 2011

5K

Today was the BIG DAY that I have been waiting for; it was the first race of the season.  The reason I have been anticipating this little race is that my last race was way back in September.  I have had this one on the calender for months and it has kept me motivated, kept me in the work-out room all winter, kept me planning runs each week and kept me at least being somewhat sensible about what I eat. 

Putting a target out there in front of you is very motivational.  Go ahead it try it, stick a bull's-eye out in the back yard.  You'll eventually be looking for things to throw at it.  Then you'll be shooting things at it (Except in certain parts of New Jersey).  That target will constantly get your attention. 

So put the Prayer Meeting on the calendar, the Teen Camp, Family Camp, Revival Meeting, Preachers Conference, Bible Reading Schedule, Ideal Weight, List of Books.  You know what you need to get out of your mind and finally write down on paper!  Put it out there, plan on being there or dong that, or completing a project ... aim at the target and pull the trigger!

“I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3:14)


Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment