Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Academics

"Education for education's sake is an abomination".  That was a favorite quote from one of my favorite professors in Bible college, Dr. Robert Terrey. Tonight I am working on an assignment for the class that I took last week down in Louisiana.  I'm writing papers!  It has been 15 years since the last time I "Had" to to do a writing assignment.  I enjoy writing, when it's a sermon or a blog, and I've enjoyed assigning papers to be written because I love reading the work of students who take a theology class seriously.  But I certainly don't miss this part of the educational process. 

My goals in enrolling in continuing education is not just for the degree but for the enhancement of my ministry.  I hope that this next level of education will open more teaching opportunities for me in the future.  I also trust that my studies, including research papers, will enhance my understanding of the Word of God, the world that I live in, and the potential for the gospel ministry.  Studying to show ourselves approved unto man is academics, but studying to show ourselves approved unto God is an essential part of the work of the ministry.


Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment