Friday, March 25, 2011

Pray without Ceasing

6:30 am.  That was the time the plane was scheduled to take off.  6:30 AM!  Is that hard to understand?  I got up early, woke my dear, sleeping wife up early and got on the road in plenty of time to be at the gate and hour before takeoff.  When boarding did not start at 6:15 I knew there was something amiss.  At 6:17 the nice lady at the counter announced that the "Flight Crew had left the motel and was on route to the airport".  What!?  I was able to make it on time, whats the deal with this?  Come to find out that the pilot over slept.  After loading late and then de-icing we took off at least 40 minutes late, which would not necessarily be too bad, but I had a connection to make.

In the air I read, listened to some mp3's and entertained myself enough to not be too frustrated about the late departure, till I started noticing that my connection departure time was drawing closer, and closer, and closer.  "Lord, please help me to get to my destination.  I may miss my next flight, but please help me make whatever arrangements I need to to get to where I need to be".  I was convinced that when I land I was going to have to work out some new plan ... until the stewardess announced "Welcome to ..... where the local time is ... "  What?  We crossed a time zone?  You mean that I didn't miss my flight?

Let me ask you, did I waist my time praying?  God didn't move the time zone, or even make the sun go back 10 degrees on the dial, but He did change my anxious heart, and turn back the dial on my frustration and worry.


Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment