Thursday, March 3, 2011

R&R

I don't get sick very often, and even more rarely do I miss a preaching service over illness, but this one has me knocked out.  On Monday my sinuses started filling up and then by Tuesday all I wanted to do was sleep, and sleep I did.  Even with an hour-plus, afternoon nap I still managed to sleep 10 hours that night.  Tonight there will be a couple guys from the Church filling in for me during our Prayer Meeting & Bible Study.  Amen for men who are willing to serve.

I will admit, though, that I have enjoyed the rest.  I just finished reading a book that I just started on Friday.  I also was able to rest my knees from all the workouts and running.  Rest is promised to those who come to Christ: "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest".  A future rest is also promised to the child of God: "There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God".  But certainly it is true that no one can appreciate rest unless they have first experience labor, so "Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest".

If you are laboring and are overwhelmed with sin, come to Jesus and you will find rest.  If you have already found rest for your soul in the Lord, then be about your Father's business, for in your labor for the Lord you will find sweet rest.

Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment