Saturday, March 5, 2011

Drag and WHAT?

I love my "First-Born-Male-Child", I really do.  But he makes me nervous sometimes.  He is my "Technical, Spiritual and Menu Advisor", and has always been a big help with any and all of my computers and technical related issues around the house.  Yesterday he says to me, "Hey dad, you need to try 'Drag-and-Dictate' on your laptop".  He knew that I was needing to write a few papers for a class I am taken and told me that it would be faster to "Talk" the papers than to "Type" it.  I agreed.

Download off the USD drive ... Run the Set-up ... Re-Boot ... NOTHING! ...

My Laptop is not booting ... "Boy your computer's old, dad!" ... Big Blue Screen ... Bad Messages ....

"Must be some type of Driver conflict, dad" ... The problem was that I let him drive! ...

"We'll just start it in 'Safe Mode', dad" ... How come 'Safe Mode' doesn't sound very, SAFE? ...

"Google this error code for me on you iPhone, dad" ... Why do we run to our Apples to fix our Windows?

"Oh, that's any easy fix, dad" ... Easy for you, I'm still wondering why we even started the process.

"There, that fixed it."  ... Run set-up, re-boot, windows screen, .... It Worked.


Anything new will occasionally cause some frustration and concern.  Many will stop immediately after things are different from what they had anticipated,  yet if we always did that none of us would ever try anything new.  The work of the ministry will often produce the Big Blue Screen and frustrate us.  But when we realize it's simply an issue with the drivers it's an easy fix.  Move over and let the Lord Drive.  Re-boot, it works!


Chuck

P.S. - Thanks Buz!

No comments:

Post a Comment