Tuesday, March 15, 2011

BUGS!

Tomorrow (Wed.) I am preaching in the Junior Chapel of a local Christian academy. That's the K4 through 4th grade group which is extremely enjoyable group to teach.  Since I get to go about once a month I usually try to teach a series of lessons throughout the school year.  Last year I taught the Fruit of the Spirit and the year prior, the Days of Creation.  Each message consists of an object lesson which I pull out of my Big Brown Bag.  For those familiar with the "Big Blue Box", this bag is a bit more mobile.  

"Bugs of the Bible" is this years theme.  Bees, Grasshoppers, Ants & Spider (yes I know that a spider is not considered a bug!).  I pull a bug out of the Bag, I read a verse or two that mentions that bug, we talk about some the interesting characteristic of that bug (Lots of Interaction) and then I make some spiritual applications.

Everywhere we look we should be able to see in God's creation truths that challenge us to a stronger spiritual life.  "Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise." (Proverbs 6:6)  Tomorrow's bug will be a Fly.  What spiritual application can you make from the flies mentioned in the Bible?

Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment