Monday, March 14, 2011

Wait, Weight

Confession is good for the soul, right?  So here it is ... I have gained back a BUNCH of the weight that I lost over the summer.  I had gotten down to 214 in that "Biggest Loser" competition that I had with one of my sons.  That was back in September and then the "Knee" thing happened in the first week of October and no more running until just recently.  I was posting my weight every once in a while in this Blog as a way of being somewhat accountable and to provoke myself to keep it up and keep it off. But ...

214 was soon 220 then 225 then 229 ... this has to stop.  I'm not obsessive over my weight, I just want my blood pressure to stay down and I want to be able to run some longer distances without feeling like I'm carrying a small child on my back.  I'm carrying about 40 extra pound every time I go running.  That's 8 bags of Flour!  That's like lugging around a 5 gallons bucket of water!  I need to get back on track.  I guess the trip to Red Robin (YUM!) tonight for dinner wasn't the best idea.  I could blame that on my dear wife.  It was her birthday last week, and she did get a "Free Gourmet Burger" coupon via e-mail, so who could refuse that offer.  I did only drink water so that makes up for the 1100 calorie burger and the 400 calories of French Fries, oh and the FREE Happy Birthday Sundae that we split (2 cherries on top).  When will the madness end?



My goal was in reach and now it's a little further stretch but it is still achievable.  If it is worth having it is worth working hard to get.  Good health is a good goal, so no more excuses.  "The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me the coupon and I did eat".  That didn't work in the garden of Eden and certainly isn't working now.  

Chuck (224 yesterday prior to the "Royal Red Robin Burger" / 1191 calories / 83g fat ... YUM!)

No comments:

Post a Comment