Thursday, September 2, 2010

2.85

This must be numbers week on "...and Counting".  Although they are related, somewhat, 2.85 is not a reference to my current weight as was .223.  I would have to consume several bags of Doritos and wash them down with a couple of 2-liter bottles of Dr. Pepper to hit that number.  No, 2.85 is a number I saw on my digital mileage tracker, Run Keeper, RK, while on my run last night.
 

I had been jokingly encouraged by DIL1 to select a different route for running.  She observed that all of my RK posts had the same map, and thought it was getting kind of boring.  So, for the sake of not being in a rut, I decided to pick a new & exciting route.  This new and improved course literally went "Over the River and Through the Woods" but when I was about to turn into my driveway I notice the number.  I simply couldn't stop at 2.85 miles and call it a good run.  5 kilometers was too close.  So around the block to break the three mile mark.

We far to often stop so close to our desired goals.  Too many 7 semester, former students out there.  Too many churches that almost got started.  Too many marriages that were close to being restored.  Don't quit when you are so close, just one more trip around the block, and look what you can accomplish.

My first 3 mile run in a LONG time ...

Chuck (220)

No comments:

Post a Comment