Sunday, September 5, 2010

Long Day

Sunday are not a day off when you're a preacher.  I normally rise quite early and go over all my messages for the day.  Often I'm putting the finishing touches on my Sunday School outline & power-point or on some occasions re-writing parts of my morning message.  I'm not complaining about the work, I just know that Sundays are seldom a day of rest for those who minister in the Lord's House on the Lord's Day. 

This morning I was greatly bless to have my DIL2 & Grand-Baby #3 singing a special together during the services.  GB3 sang the whole song, it was cute and she did very well.  I think I teared up as much as my son did t watch. 

Children are never too young to start serving God.  I have always preached that, because I believe that and it brings joy to my heart to see my grown kids practice that.  It makes it worth all the early mornings & late nights & hours of studying and dealing with all the things that go into the work of the ministry.  That is to see your children's children learning to serve the Lord.  All to the Glory of God!

Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment