Saturday, September 25, 2010

Winner!

The BIG DAY has come and gone.  The Race has been run and the winners have been given their prizes and I am very excited about how the day went.  I was wearing #33 on my chest (OK.. closer to my belly) and was the 33rd to crossed the finish line this morning out of a field of 59 runners.  Not too bad for my very first race.  31:56.89 was my official time, which was my fastest 3.1 mile since I started running a few weeks back. 

Another big accomplishment today was my official "Biggest Loser" weigh-in.  One of my boys had caught wind that I was trying to shed a few pounds so he challenged me to see who could lose the most by race day.  I weighed in, after the race, at 214.  That's a 21 pound lose (8.9%) since the middle of August.  My son has not called me to tell me his official weight, but I think he'll be buying dinner for Joyce & I.

Well let's sum up the day.  No matter what place I came in, I feel like a winner for being challenged (Thanks Christian!) and encouraged to run in a race, and I did.  I have lost a bunch of weight, my blood pressure is looking real good and I'm feeling better today then I have in a long time.  I have been doing all this with several of my kids by my side.  Any way you look at it, it has been a Winner of a day!

Chuck (214!!!!)

2 comments: