Monday, September 27, 2010

Back to School (again)

I know I posted a "Back to School" in my Blog weeks ago.  But this a different situation, it is the first night of Bible Institute classes.  This Tri-mester I'm teaching the Book of Revelation.  The class will consist of 20 lectures taught over a 5 week period.  I will be giving out some assignments (Papers & Charts & Reading) and will be lecturing for several hours tonight and hopefully engaging the class in some meaningful discussion.  

I remember my college years and the classes that I enjoyed & the ones I dreaded.  I remember the hours of endless lectures & hand-numbing duplication of notes.  There must be a better way to conduct a class.  I know that I'm supposed to be the teacher, but every time I prepare for these Bible Institute class I become a student also.  I am deepening my understanding of the material and developing my communication skills.  Oh, and I'm also touching the lives of my students, that will one day be reminiscing about those long hours spent in college.  How will they remember my classes? 

Chuck

3 comments:

  1. How will they remember your classes? With fondness! I always enjoyed taking your classes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your classes, too! :-) My favorite was Christology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Ladies. I'm glad that I haven't completely Bored every student to tears.

    ReplyDelete