Monday, August 30, 2010

A Closer Look

“The graphic artist’s immaterial and purely spiritual ideal is the fruitful transfer of thoughts from one human being to as many human beings as possible.”
                                                                                                M.C. Escher
  Escher is my favorite artist and has been since I was young.  There are many factors behind my appreciation for his work beside that fact that I like what I see.  The Geometric perspectives, the Imagination, the transitional figures which morph from one form into another.  All of this fascinates me.

His work is captivating, draws the observer in, fixes the attention, and compels them into exploring deeper into what is being presented before their eyes.

Preaching should do the same thing.  Beyond the common perspective, into realms of captivating.  Drawing in the observer, enticing him to look deeper, to wonder, to want more.  It surly is an art to sketch a sermon which will turn the imposable into reality.

"O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!"











Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment